Friday, December 13, 2013

Rest

"Come to me all you who are weary, and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

I don't know about you, but rest is something I am craving right now.  I am trying so hard to find it during these overly busy days of Christmas preparation and celebration, yet at the end of the day, come up shorthanded.  

Today I decided I needed to literally run away for a bit.  Step outside in the freezing cold winter air, soak up the sunshine, listen to my inspirational music and pray.  Be quiet.  Rest.

As I ran along the icy, snow covered path I prayed.  I prayed for God to take my angst, my cluttered mind and exhausted body and just give me rest.  He almost stopped me in my tracks as I looked out at His beauty.  I felt the silence and serenity wash over me.  His gift to me.  His rest.

I am off to a day of cookie baking with my family and most likely another snowy day tomorrow and I am ready.   I have the Lord's yoke upon me and rest for my soul.

In the craziness of your December days, I would encourage you to step away.  Step away from it all, be alone and find your REST.  I promise you, it will be the best thing you will do for yourself today.


No comments:

Post a Comment